Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Mocha!

Yesterday was a good day - good for various reasons:
1) Monday is my day off - time to spend with my family.
2) The weather was nice and cool. If you know anything about me, you know I'm REALLY not into hot weather.
3) Hearing about the cool weather forecast, Brenda had one word for me: Mocha!"
Now before you get too excited for us, bear in mind that my first choice for Mochas, Starbucks©, has about 12 locations in Austria, but all of them are in and around Vienna, a 2-plus-hour drive from where we live. So the next best thing - not really a close second - is a place called "The Coffeeshop Company", to which we now have to drive 20 minutes to Linz (Austria's second largest city), since the local franchise sadly closed down. But once we got our hands on that warm paper cup and took the first sip of chocolately caffeinated goodness through that fragile crown of frothy whipped cream topping it didn't really matter that it tasted slightly stale and way, way too sweet - the world for a moment was exactly how it should be. Mocha!

(Attached: The "Coffeeshop Company's" hot drink menu)

4 comments:

Semic70 said...

Oh my brother, I feel for you not being able to stroll into Starbucks. I know how you love them so, I remember how you blogged about them before you left the US. I would ship you one, but it may be cold by the time it gets to you.

Domestic Diva said...

I keep believing that one day I will LIKE coffee... ;)

Anonymous said...

we have a personal espresso machine in our house see a pic on www.clearshotscoffee.com
it makes Latte's, americanos, Mochas, Chai Tea lattes, Hot chocolate and doubleshot lattes. all from real beans. anyway have empathy for you, i love starbucks.

Unknown said...

I'm with Diva, no coffee for me. But the menu doesn't mention chai... now that, I'd have a problem with :)